Organ Trio in D MajorWatch on YouTube
An organ fugue based on my old unfinished string quartet
I’ve written a four-voice fugue for string several years ago:
but in February 2022 I’ve rewritten it as a three-voice organ fugue.
I had a MIDI file exported from the original LilyPond source and used Ardour together with an awesome organ soundfont Pitea 3.0 to produce the final piece.
The score is available in PDF.
It took me a few days, but it was mainly about
- removing superfluous notes,
- finding the right “registration”,
- fix parallels,
- make the pedal playable,
- align the LilyPond score with the final version in Ardour
(I did it in Frescobaldi for the sake of convenience).
The thumbnail photo is taken from Wikipedia Commons.
The registration is:
- I: Principal 8’ + Octave 4',
- II: Principal 8’ + Oboe 8’ and
- pedal: Octave 8’ + Octave 4'.
last modified: 2023-02-08