The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny
by Robin S. Sharma
I read the book after listening to the audio version since it was an abridged version.
The book contains so many ideas that it is like 50 blinks from Blinkist compressed into a one page summary.
Many of the things might be familiar to you, but they are worth repeating:
- think of your life, your goals,
- meditate, don’t be a victim of your endless thoughts,
- be kind,
- eat well, healthy and ideally be vegetarian / vegan,
- don’t let money spoil you,
- care about you and your closest family,
- and on and on and on, you name it.
The form of the audiobook was not great, but the ideas in there are worth re-reading or re-listening again and again.
People tend not to deal with their life at all, or too little.
For now, we have a limited time in this world and it would be utter pity to waste it.
Take a deep breath, look around, enjoy the moment, smile a bit, listen to the birds chirping and the wind blowing, look at those beautiful flowers under your feet, isn’t that amazing?
And it’s free, it’s for anyone.